Buffalo up your pot pie with this easy recipe that puts a spicy spin on the comfort food classic.
Buffalo Chicken Pot Pie
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (15 oz) bag frozen mixed vegetables
1 small onion, chopped
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 cups heavy cream
4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup cayenne pepper sauce (like Frank’s RedHot Sauce)
4 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 (16.3 oz) can flaky layers biscuits, quartered
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and mixed vegetables. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in cream until smooth. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to low to simmer. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Add the hot sauce and stir to combine. Add the shredded chicken and stir to coat.
5. Transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Place biscuit quarters on top of filling. Sprinkle with blue cheese.
6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
Recipe from Paula Deen
Here’s some comfort music to go along with your comfort food.
Cardiff-based Breichiau Hir’s new single ‘Yn Dawel Bach’ puts forth loud music that expresses mournfully soft moments about panic. The title has “quiet” in it, but my Welsh is really rusty so I’m of no help in translation. :)
Check out Breichiau Hir on Bandcamp where you can buy their music.