I always put chocolate chips in my banana bread, but it never occurred to me to add some booze. A hit of bourbon gives this impossibly moist bread a fun flavor boost. It’s the ultimate comfort food with an extra dose of comfort!
Chocolate Bourbon-Spiked Banana Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
1 tsp lemon juice
3 Tbs bourbon
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350℉. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute between each addition. Stop the mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add bananas, lemon juice, and bourbon. Beat until well incorporated.
5. Turn the mixer to low and add the flour mixture all at once. Beat until just incorporated. Use a rubber spatula to stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
6. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a tester inserted in center of the loaf comes out clean.
8. Remove from the oven and allow loaf to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
The bread will keep for up to 5 days, well wrapped, at room temperature.
Makes one 9 x 5 inch loaf
Recipe from the Joy The Baker Cookbook by Joy Wilson
Brooklyn-based artist Jared Saltiel has an epic new ballad out. ‘Wayward Queen’ builds in emotional with plenty of strings to enhance that reflective mood.
“If love is true, I’ll never need
To choose between another one and you”
Check out Jared Saltiel on his Website where you can buy the music.