Salad on pizza?
This lightly dressed mixed green salad sits atop a baked pizza crust slathered with hummus. Positively delicious and that is not a lot of hot air.
Hummus & Salad Pizza
1 pound pizza dough
Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
1 cup mesclun greens
1 cup parsley leaves
1 cup mint leaves
1 cup snipped pea shoots
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup prepared hummus
Flaky sea salt
Shredded ricotta salt or Parmesan, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 450°F for at least 30 minutes.
2. On a large baking sheet or pizza, stretch the dough a 14-inch oval or 12-inch round and brush with olive oil.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is puffed and browned.
4. In a bowl, toss the mesclun with the parsley, mint, pea shoots and lemon juice.
5. Spread the hummus on the hot crust. Pile the salad on the pizza and season with flaky sea salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and top with shredded ricotta salata. Cut into slices and serve right away.
Recipe from Food & Wine Magazine
‘1000 Pink Balloons’
This beautiful song is new from LA-based artist Brad Byrd. His soft, lovely voice takes you right into a swirl of uncertainty and there is nothing you can do about it.
“I won’t runaway
I won’t let you down”
Check out Brad Byrd on his Website where you can buy the music.
So Innovative!!! I like it and going to try it soon…
It’s perfect for this time of year. I hope you like it!