You’re gonna want to take a big bite out of these mega burgers that are chock full of goodies. Teriyaki flavored cheddar cheeseburgers are layered with grilled portobello caps, pineapple, and maple glazed onions. Super good.
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
3 green onions, chopped
4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 pound ground beef
1 tsp oil
1 large Vadallia onion, cut into rings
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs soy sauce plus extra for seasoning
1 Tbs maple syrup
1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
4 portobello mushroom caps
4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
Sharp cheddar slices
1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, onions, 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and onion powder. Crumble beef over mixture and combine well. Shape into four 3/4-inch thick patties.
2. Place the onions and garlic in a skillet with the oil. Sauté the onions until they start to become translucent. Add the soy sauce and the maple syrup. Continue to cook until sauce thickens.
3. Lightly coat a grill rack with oil. Grill patties and mushroom caps, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side. Brush with remaining teriyaki sauce while grilling then top with a cheese slice during last minute of cooking.
4. Grill or broil pineapple slices for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through.
5. Serve burgers, portobello caps, glazed onions and pineapple on lettuce line buns.
Recipe adapted from Taste Of Home
It’s Friday! Let’s Dance The Extra Mile.
“It’s that kind of day
I choose to live out who I am”
Check out Auna Sims on her Website where you can buy the music.