She was inclined to be laid-back.
HaHa. Very punny.
Homemade granola is so easy that I have no idea why I still buy it all the time.
This super simple, not very sweet recipe has a lovely maple flavor. It gets a delectable crunch from an egg white folded in just before baking. The protein in the white results in big clusters that are irresistible.
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
¼ cup toasted wheat germ
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ cup maple syrup
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1 large egg white
1 ½ cups dried fruit of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 300℉.
2. Combine all ingredients except the egg and fruit in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
3. Whisk the egg white in a small bowl until frothy. Stir into granola mixture.
4. Spread granola mixture in a single layer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Use a spatula to turn mixture halfway through baking time without breaking up clusters too much.
6. Once the granola has cooled, add the dried fruit and store in an airtight container.
Recipe from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by Deb Perelman
LA-based duo The Echo And The Sound have a new record out titled ‘Buffalo Mouth’. It’s a real rocker.
I’ve been loving “Under The Sun”.
I can’t tell you how many times I have thought these same lines, although deep in my heart I know it is not true.
“Everyone I have loved
Has become someone else
With the taste of something new
You have all changed, but I am the same”
Check out The Echo And The Sound on the band’s Website where you can link to buy their music.