Asian flavors give pot roast a fun twist in this easy slow cooker recipe.
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 lb lean boneless beef pot roast or beef top round steak, fat trimmed
2 large onions, sliced into rings
1/4 cup flour
Hot cooked rice, cilantro sprigs and sliced jalapeño, to serve, optional
1. Combine broth, garlic, ginger and soy sauce in slow cooker. Add beef and top with onion slices.
2. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and 3/4 cup liquid from slow cooker until smooth.
4. Stir the flour mixture back into the slow cooker.
5. Increase the heat to the high setting and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes longer, or until the sauce is thickened slightly.
6. Slice the meat and serve with rice.
‘Graveyards’ is the new single from Sydney-based duo AViVAA (Aviva Payne and Matais Coulter). I love Aviva’s crystalline vocals over the moody electro beat.
Check out AViVAA on the band’s Website, where you can link to buy their music.