Q: How do you make a blonde laugh on Friday?
A: Tell her a joke on Monday.
Q: What did the blonde say when she opened the box of cheerios?
A: Oh look, daddy…doughnut seeds.
Q: If a blonde and a brunette fell out of an airplane, who would land first?
A: The brunette. The blonde would have to stop and ask for directions.
This is such a fun pizza. All of the flavors of a classic sandwich baked atop a pizza crust. I especially love the brightness the lemon-mayo brings and the nuttiness of the sesame seeds. (I only had black ones on hand, in case you were wondering what those little dark flecks were.)
1 can Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 lb deli turkey slices, cut into 1-inch strips
2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Lightly grease a 12″ pizza pan or 9 x 13 inch pan.
2. Unroll dough and place on prepared pan. Press out to form crust. Sprinkle sesame seeds evenly over dough. Bake 10-12 min or light golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain. In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise and lemon peel.
4. Spread mayonnaise mixture over crust. Top with Jack cheese, turkey, bacon, and tomato. Sprinkle with the Swiss cheese and scatter basil leaves over.
5. Bake 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust has browned.
Recipe from The Pillsbury Bake-off Cookbook
Well, slap my thighs and mosey around the kitchen…this is good.
‘Like This’ comes courtesy of Dirty Little Blondes, a new folk duo from San Francisco.
Check out Dirty Little Blondes on the band’s Website, where you can buy their music. I’m looking forward to hearing more from these two.