Once again Ina Garten has hit the ball out of the cooking park.
These Parmesan And Thyme Crackers are absolutely divine. Light and crisp with an irresistible buttery, cheesy, peppery and thymey flavor, they are perfect with a glass of wine or champagne.
I did have some problems with the dough being crumbly, but making sure that the butter is super soft and adding some water before trying to shape helped a lot.
1/4 pound unsalted butter, softened
4 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix until creamy, about 1 minute. (You want the butter to be really soft to avoid a crumbly dough later.)
2. Add the Parmesan, flour, salt, thyme and pepper and combine. If the dough seems too dry to come together then add water, 1 teaspoon at a time.
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and roll into a 9 inch long log. Wrap the log in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or for up to 4 days.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350℉.
5. Cut the log crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place the slices on a parchment lined sheet pan and bake for 22 minutes.
Recipe from Back To Basics by Ina Garten
It’s a sign!
“Signs” from LA-based Exist Elsewhere is one of those ‘love on first listen’ songs for me. Super catchy with a hook that cooks, I can’t believe I missed it when it came out about 6 months ago.