The butter is replaced with mashed avocado. Intriguing and…weird.
You can’t really taste the avocado. It just makes for a very moist cookie. The chocolate chips and pretzels give the sweet/salty contrast and the oats a bit of texture. Next time I think I would like to make these with butter and avocado, but that would be an entirely different cookie of course!
1 cup avocado, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3 cups quick cook oats
1¼ cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup coarsely crushed pretzels
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. In a large bowl combine avocado, brown sugar, and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Mix avocado mixture into dry ingredients until just blended. Stir in oats, crushed pretzels and chocolate chips.
5. Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheets.
6. Bake cookies for 10 minutes.
7. Let cookies sit 2 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
Makes 2 dozen cookies
Recipe from This Mama Loves
There is something about this insistent song that keeps me coming back. Wasn’t too sure the first listen, but it has certainly grown on me, especially that 1:41 minute mark.
Check out Fable on Facebook. She’s currently in the process of writing and recording her debut album, so look for updates there on its progress.