Q: Why did the Mushroom get invited to all the parties?
A: ‘Cuz he’s a fungi!
Need a fun burger for your next party?
Already looking mighty fine right off the grill, these big burgers have the added bonus of a cheesy-bacon-veggie filling. Another bonus is that they are so easy to prepare.
Form thin patties of seasoned ground beef. Top one patty with cheese and some of the mushroom-bacon mixture then seal with a second patty. Grill and dig in.
2 bacon strips, finely chopped
2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 pounds ground beef
2 tablespoons steak sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 slices provolone cheese, halved
8 kaiser rolls, split
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate.
2. Add mushrooms, onion and peppers to the bacon drippings and cook until tender. Using slotted spoon, remove the vegetables to a small bowl and cool completely. Stir in bacon.
3. In a large bowl, combine beef, steak sauce and salt, mixing thoroughly. Shape into 16 thin patties.
4. Top eight of the patties with cheese, folding cheese to fit within 3/4 inch of edge. Spread with mushroom mixture. Top with remaining patties, pressing edges to enclose filling.
5. Grill burgers, uncovered, 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve on rolls.
Recipe from Taste Of Home Magazine
Australia, always cranking out excellent music, seems to be doing so even more recently.
Dan And Amy, a brother & sister duo from Melbourne, are releasing their debut EP this month. If these two songs are any indication of what is in store, it’s going to be a winner of a record.
Check out Dan And Amy on the Website, where you can learn of upcoming shows in Australia and link to buy their music.