It’s Shrove Tuesday, aka Pancake Tuesday, whence pancakes of some sort are served to kick off Lent.
These savory Melting Brie And Mushroom Crêpes make a rich and comforting meal. A mixed green salad is the perfect accompaniment.
If you need a Mardi Gras inspired dessert, these cupcakes are pretty sweet.
Melting Brie And Mushroom Crêpes
250g mixed mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
6 Tbs crème fraîche
1/2 a small bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
100g brie. sliced
4 crêpes (recipe follows)
3 Tbs Parmesan cheese
Mixed green salad, to serve
1. Heat some butter in a skillet and cook mushrooms until tender, adding garlic, halfway through . Season with salt and pepper. Stir in 2 Tbs crème fraîche and the parsley.
3. Place crêpes in a buttered baking dish and spoon the remaining crème fraîche on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
4. Broil crêpes until golden and bubbling. Serve with a mixed green salad.
Serves 2 (recipe doubles easily)
Recipe from Olive Magazine
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons melted butter
Butter, for coating the pan
1. In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and pulse for 10 seconds.
2. Place the crêpe batter in the refrigerator for 1 hour. The batter will keep for up to 48 hours.
3. Heat a small non-stick pan. Add butter to coat. Pour 1 ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 10 seconds and remove to a cutting board. Lay crêpes out flat so they can cool. Continue until all batter is gone.
4. Once crêpes have cooled, they can be stacked and stored in sealable plastic bags in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for up to two months. When using frozen crepes, thaw on a rack before gently peeling apart.
Makes 17 to 22 crêpes
Recipe from FoodNetwork.com
Mardi Gras, from Rome, Italy, have a pleasant pop-rock tune that will definitely make you Feel Alright.
Check out Mardi Gras on the band’s Website, where you can buy their music.