Who can resist Doritos? Those crunchy chips with their electric orange dusting of nacho cheese flavor are a favorite of mine.
Recently, recipes that include Doritos seem to be popping up everywhere. I’ve tried some including these wonderful Chicken Doritos Quesadillas, this delicious Taco Salad and these yummy Loaded Nacho Burgers that have Doritos crushed into the biscuit buns.
I could probably eat this Doritos Taco Bake for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Oh wait! I did.
It is that good.
Crescent rolls bake into a crust that holds tomatoey taco beef, sour cream and cheese. And lots of Doritos, of course.
1 lb ground beef
1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
8 oz sour cream
1 (8 oz) tube crescent rolls
1 cup shredded cheese
1 (12 oz) bag Doritos Nacho Cheese Flavored Chips
Optional garnishes: more sour cream, shredded cheese, Doritos and sliced jalapeños
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Brown ground beef in a skillet and drain.
3. Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Press crescent rolls into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish to form crust.
5. Spread beef mixture over crescent rolls then top with a layer of sour cream and then cheese.
6. Crush about 3/4 of the Doritos and sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe from Two Maids A Milking
I totally missed ‘Impersonator’, the 2013 release by Montreal based duo Majical Cloudz. It’s an amazing album..
This beautiful, melancholy song makes me as happy as Doritos do.
Check out Majical Cloudz on their Website, where you can link to buy the music.