Kiwi fruit and strawberries make easy work of serving up some Christmasy looking treats. Here they are sandwiched with whipped cream between crisp meringue shells. Simple, elegant and, most importantly, super delicious.
2 egg whites
½ cup (110g) caster sugar
300ml whipped cream
2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
125g strawberries, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 150℃/300℉. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks. Add sugar and whisk at high speed until very thick, stiff and glossy.
3. Spoon or pipe meringue into 19cm/7 1/2 inch circles on prepared trays.
4. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until crisp and peel off the paper easily.
3. When ready to serve, sandwich the meringues together with the whipped cream and fruit.
I was searching for something kiwi related to pair with the meringues, when I came across the gloriously bizarre Kiwi Sisters.
These guys are totally out there.
Band Interests: Swelling with lust. Crying while dancing. Keith Sweating. Dancing while crying.
Band Influences: (among other things)
Obscene writings, drawings, photographs having little or no artistic merit.
Religious writings, drawings, and photographs having little or no artistic merit.
Ample helpings of nudity, bondage, torture, general fiendishness, and very poor table manners.
The process of shedding tears (usually accompanied by sobs or other inarticulate sounds)
Dramatic…bleak, funny vignettes about doomed relationships, lonely nightclubs, the burden of the past and the prison of the home
Yep. Out there. The music is, too.
With song titles like “Ghost Molt” and “Electric Fur Parting Flesh”, you know you’re in for something different.
Spooky, gothic, carny, strange. I’m loving this stuff.