Howl are you all doing today?
I know you will be howling for joy when you try this ultra-delicious Make Ahead Cheeseburger Lasagna.
There really isn’t much more to say. Maybe easy and fun? Definitely.
Make Ahead Cheeseburger Lasagna
1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
3 tablespoons minced onion
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
15 oz ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar-American cheese blend
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato, sliced
1/2 cup dill pickle slices
Ketchup and yellow mustard
1. Grease a 13 x 9 inch (3-quart) baking dish.
2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, water, ketchup and mustard. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat egg. Stir in ricotta and the American-cheddar cheese blend.
4. Spread 1 cup beef mixture over bottom of baking dish. Top with 4 uncooked noodles. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over noodles; top with 1 1/2 cups beef mixture. Repeat layers once with 4 noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and 1 1/2 cups beef mixture. Top with remaining 4 noodles, beef mixture and the cheddar cheese.
5. Cover pan with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight. (Note: The lasagna can also be baked right away.)
6. Heat oven to 350°F. Bake lasagna, covered, 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 25 to 35 minutes longer or until bubbly.
7. Remove from oven. Cover with foil; let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
8. Just before serving, top with lettuce, tomato and pickles. Serve with additional ketchup and yellow mustard if you like.
Recipe slightly adapted from BettyCrocker.com
This is a fun tune by Melbourne based musician, Hamish Anderson. ‘Howl’ gets just a touch too jammy rockout for me near the end, but it’s still pretty awesome.
Check out Hamish Anderson on his Website, where you can buy the music.
Pingback: Corn Chowdah Mac n’ Cheese. Cheesy Song From Perfect Pop. | I Sing In The Kitchen
Pingback: Best 20 Make Ahead Lasagna – Best Round Up Recipe Collections