In honor of the Silver in the recipe title, here are a few Chemistry jokes.
Q: Anyone know any jokes about sodium?
Helium walks into a bar,
The bartender says “We don’t serve noble gasses in here.”
Helium doesn’t react.
A proton and a neutron are walking down the street.
The proton says, “Wait, I dropped an electron help me look for it.”
The neutron says “Are you sure?” The proton replies “I’m positive.”
And here is yet another Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe to get you smiling.
It is from the classic ‘Silver Palate Cookbook’ and is really a terrifically classic chocolate chipper.
1/2 pound butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325℉. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
3. Sift dry ingredients together and stir in, mixing thoroughly. Add chocolate chips to batter, and form cookies.
4. Bake on prepared cookie sheet, on the middle rack, for 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from oven while centers are slightly soft.
5. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring cookies to cooling rack.
Yields 25 large cookies, 5 inches across or about 4 1/2 dozen regular size
Recipe from The Silver Palate Cookbook by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins
This just might be my favorite song right now. Bouncy and all things musically good, it has been on repeat for days.
Check out Andy Robinson on his Website, where you can buy the music.