Q: What happened when the pig pen broke?
A: The pigs had to use a pencil!
Yes, it has degenerated to that kind of humor around here.
At least there is a yummy recipe to make up for it.
Pork fried up in a crispy bacon blanket served with a cheerful lemony side of couscous packed with sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese makes for a simple, but very elegant meal.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin Steaks With Lemony Giant Couscous
2 pork loin steaks
4 slices of bacon
1 Tbs olive oil
150g giant (Israeli) couscous
6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
75g feta cheese
Handful of parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180℃/350℉.
2, Season the pork steaks with pepper and salt. Wrap each steak with 2 slices of bacon.
3. Heat oil in oven-proof frying pan over high heat. Sear the steaks for 1 minute on each side until the bacon is golden and starts to crisp.
4. Transfer to the oven and cook for 7 minutes until the steaks are cooked through.
6. Chop the sun-dried tomatoes. Stir into the couscous along with the lemon zest, juice, feta and parsley. Season to taste.
7. Remove pork from the oven and serve with the couscous. Drizzle with any pan juices.
Serves 2 (easily doubled)
Recipe from Delicious magazine
‘Clairvoyant’ is just one of those songs that makes me crazy happy. It is good and restorative and a bit out there.
Check out BRNS on their Website, where you can learn upcoming European tour dates and buy their music.