This musical treat brought to you by Rice Krispies.
I was late to the RKT party, but have made up for it of late. Remember these Salted Caramel ones? Or the dreamy Cookies And Cream variation?
When I saw a photo of these Jackson Pollock decorated Double Chocolate And Caramel Rice Krispie Treats, I knew I had to give them a try.
The chocolate and caramel topping is so good with the sweet crispy bars.
Double Chocolate And Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
10 cups Rice Krispie Cereal (I used some Cocoa Krispies, too)
10 ounces marshmallows
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup caramel chips (I used caramel topping)
1. Melt butter in a large pan. Add marshmallows to the melted butter. Stir the marshmallow and butter mixture frequently until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. (I did this in the microwave. It took about 6 minutes on high, stirring after every minute.)
2. Add Rice Krispies to the marshmallows. Stir until well coated.
3. Pat the Rice Krispie mixture into a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Melt the chocolate chips.
5. Drizzle the chocolates and caramel over the Rice Krispie treats. Let set and cut into squares.
Makes a lot
Recipe from Makoodle
Here’s a new song from Edinburgh-based band, The Deep Red Sky.
I adore the slow build up and the lovely harmonies. What a great tune.
“And I try to hold your hand
but it slips away”
Check out The Deep Red Sky on the band’s Website, where you can buy their music.