As a driver who is fed up with all of the jerks on the road, this video just cracks me up. And that song playing…it’s called ‘Patricia’. All the more reason to like the video.
Simply Sinful Cinnamon Muffins. That is the name given to these muffins by their creator, King Arthur Flour.
I’m going to stick by it.
Any cinnamon fan will adore these sweet, nutty, dense and cinnamon packed muffins. If you want to go completely crazy, serve them topped with a drizzle of glaze made with milk and confectioners’ sugar.
Ingredients for topping:
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup diced pecans
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup flour
3 tablespoons butter, softened
Ingredients for filling:
3 tablespoons butter, very soft
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Ingredients for batter:
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup cinnamon chips
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake papers, or grease it lightly.
2. Prepare the topping by mixing the ingredients together until crumbly. Set aside.
3. Prepare the filling by mixing all of the ingredients together. Set aside.
4. To make the batter, whisk together the melted butter, milk, and eggs in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, including the chips. Add the dry mixture to the liquid, stirring just until combined.
5. Divide half the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Dollop 2 teaspoons cinnamon filling onto each muffin, then top with the remaining batter. Sprinkle with topping, pressing it in lightly.
6. Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they’re golden brown. Remove from oven, and wait 5 minutes before transferring them from the pan to a rack to cool.
Makes 12 muffins
Recipe from King Arthur Flour
The muffins look really special in these tulip paper liners. You can buy them here. Another reason to use liners like these is that the muffins I baked in standard liners stuck like crazy. It was so hard to remove the paper. Not so with the tulip liners.
Noah Kahan is a local musician who happens to go to high school with my daughter. She recently showed me this video and I was quite impressed. Folksy and catchy, it has great lyrics.
Check out Noah Kahan on Facebook.