A word so overused that its value has decreased, in a sense.
Still, calling Pizza awesome draws one in more than, say, calling it groovy.
Semantics aside, I adored this pizza.
It has a thicker crust than I usually make, so it was more like a deep dish style. Fresh sliced mozzarella, melting into the pepperoni and sauce made for such a simple pizza, with just a hint of oregano.
Yes, it was awesome.
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 oz dry yeast
1 Tbs, plus 2 tsp olive oil
1 cup lukewarm water
3/4 cup pizza sauce
12 oz mozzarella, sliced
1 3/4 oz pepperoni slices (about 25)
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400℉. Lightly grease 13 x 9 inch baking sheet.
2. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the yeast. Make a well in the center and add 1 Tbs olive oil and water. Mix until a soft dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for 5 minutes.
3. Roll out dough and press into prepared baking sheet. Cover and allow to rest for 10 minutes at room temperature, then bake for 7 minutes.
4. Remove the crust from the oven and spread pizza sauce on top, leaving 1/4 inch border. Arrange the mozzarella on top and then the pepperoni. Sprinkle with oregano and pepper. Drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and bake until golden, 15-20 minutes.
4. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, slice the pizza into 6 to 8 square slices.
Recipe from Great American Recipes
Right from the start with those drums, you know this is going to be a good (awesome?) song. Plenty of energy, extremely catchy and yes, really good.
Check out Killing Fields Of Ontario on the band’s Website, where you can also buy their music. UK Tour dates are up on the site, including a show on December 4th at The Bull and Gate in London in which they are the opening act for Feldspar.
Pingback: Parmesan Chicken and Biscuit Pie. An Epic Song by Frida Hyvönen. | I Sing In The Kitchen
So crazy that I would find the exact recipe! I was searching for a sauce suggestion. I’ve had this recipe card for over 10 years literally. It must be the shut in, social distancing that’s got me trying new things. Thank you for sharing!
This makes me so happy!! Thanks so much for letting me know. xx