Some of that ice cream and a Chicken Enchilada Pizza should get him feeling better.
I’ve made Mexican inspired pizzas before, like these two here.
So is this Chicken Enchilada Pizza. It has got all of the flavors of a pan of enchiladas baked atop a pizza crust, instead of rolled in a tortilla.
I used an old stand-by favorite pizza dough recipe which is very quick and easy to make. It is a thicker crust, which I like now and again. The Chicken Enchilada Pizza would be very good on top of a thin crust, too.
1 Tbs olive oil
1 small white onion, peeled and diced
1 poblano pepper, diced
1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
1 large unbaked pizza crust, homemade (recipe follows) or storebought
2 cups red enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
handful of fresh cilantro, stems removed
1. Preheat oven to 425℉.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onions and poblano, and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are cooked and translucent. Add diced green chiles and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
3. In a bowl, toss the chicken with a few spoonfuls of the enchilada sauce.
4. Spread 1 cup of enchilada sauce evenly on the pizza crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Layer the onion/poblano/chile mixture evenly on top of the sauce. Add the sauced chicken and sprinkle the top with cheese.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust begins to turn golden brown. Remove and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Slice and serve immediately.
Recipe from Give Me Some Oven
Easy Pizza Dough
1 package (2-1/4 tsp) active-dry yeast
1 cup very warm water (110°F)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 Tbs vegetable shortening
1. Preheat oven to 550℉.
2. In bowl combine yeast, 1 cup flour, salt and vegetable shortening. Add water and stir until smooth.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups flour. Stir to mix and then knead the dough by hand, or with a dough hook, until smooth.
4. Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan. Pat dough into the pan being sure to cover the entire surface.
5. Let rise for 10 minutes.
6. Bake for 5 minutes.
The Phenomenal Handclap Band would fit in just right for a little pizza party.
Following is from the album ‘Form & Control’ released earlier this year.
Feel that beat.
Check out The Phenomenal Handclap Band on their Website, where you can link to buy the music.