My full size freezer died yesterday.
The last freezer I had also died in August.
Honestly, can’t these things keel over in January when it is freezing cold outside so I can throw the food in the snow and then deal with it in a more sane way?
Noooo. Now I have to contend with masses of thawed food in addition to a few tons of produce ready from the garden.
My head hurts from it all.
What I need are some cookies. Sweet, nutty, and laced with toffee.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
12 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup chopped pecans
½ cup toffee bits
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
4. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
5. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients, then the toffee bits and pecans.
6. Spoon 1 inch balls of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared sheets.
7. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Let stand on cookie sheet one minute before removing to cool on wire racks.
Recipe from What Can I Bring Cookbook by Anne Byrn
Only a very cool song would work for me today.
“What’s gonna happen to you
You have woke up too soon
And found the world rearranged
And now your feelings have changed
Say goodbye to before. (bye bye bye)
You are not welcome anymore
The door’s been shown to you (bye bye bye)
But only if you go through”
I love shouting “Bye, Bye, Bye.”
Plants And Animals-Bye Bye Bye
Check out Plants And Animals on the band’s Website, where you can also buy their music.