Have you seen that Samuel L. Jackson ad where he is asking Siri for cooking advice?
Well, this trumps that ad big time, especially if you adore Pulp Fiction like I do.
Pretty funny stuff.
Onto today’s recipes.
I love tacos.
There is a taco for everyone in this trio of recipes.
Standard ground beef with the traditional toppings is always a favorite.
The addition of zucchini and corn and black bean salsa add crunch and interest to chicken tacos.
My favorite of the lot were the crunchy seafood tacos. I couldn’t get shrimp (and I cannot wait to try this recipe again when I do find some) so I used popcorn scallops. Outrageously good. The spiced sour cream sauce is the ultimate in fantastic.
1 pound ground beef
3/4 cups water
1 package (1.25 oz) taco seasoning mix
1 package taco shells (12 count), warmed
Toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes
1. Brown beef; drain. Stir in water and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
2. Fill taco shells with beef mixture. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and taco sauce.
Chicken Veggie Tacos
3 cups cooked chicken, about 2 lbs, chopped
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 package taco shells (12 count)
1 tomato, chopped
4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup sliced zucchini
1/2 cup purchased black bean and corn salsa
1. Heat taco shells as directed on package.
2. Place chicken in microwave safe bowl and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Stir to mix. Microwave uncovered on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
3. Spoon chicken into warm taco shells. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, zucchini and salsa. Drizzle with taco sauce.
Crunchy Shrimp Tacos
1 package of popcorn shrimp (14 oz) or scallops
1 package (12 countt) taco shells, warmed
1 cup lettuce, shredded
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
Diced green chiles
Sour Cream Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Prepare seafood according to package directions.
2. While seafood is cooking, prepare suggested toppings. Place toppings in individual bowls.
3. Fill taco shells with seafood, suggested toppings and sour cream mixture.
Sour Cream Sauce
1 package (1 ¼-oz) taco seasoning mix
½ cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro and 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning mix in a small bowl. Mix well.
Recipes from Ortega.com
Get your taco party started by blasting this cool new tune from Errors.
Check out Errors on the band’s Website. Fall UK tour dates are listed and you can buy some cool merch as well as the music.