How weird is this phone case? Anyone out there have one?
Can your h(ear) me?
Good. Let’s get started.
Just like chocolate chip cookies, I am always on the lookout for new recipes for Macaroni and Cheese.
I’ve posted a few in the past, like this other Skillet Mac & Cheese. I liked that recipe because the inclusion of croutons was kind of different.
Then there was the Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese, which I liked because….the inclusion of the Buffalo Chicken. Man, that was a good dinner.
One of my first posts ever was for Really Good Basic Mac and Cheese, and that is still one of my favorite recipes ever.
Today’s Four Cheese Baked Skillet Rigatoni is high up on the list of award deserving pasta dishes. Gruyère, sharp cheddar, mascarpone and fontina all melted together into a sinful wall of cheese. Bonus is that it all cooks up in one pan. Perfect.
Four Cheese Baked Skillet Rigatoni
1 pound rigatoni pasta
1 shallot, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
8 ounces grated Gruyère cheese
8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
8 ounces grated fontina cheese
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375℉.
2. Mix together grated cheeses in a large bowl.
3. Prepare pasta according to directions, cooking for 3-4 minutes less than called-for time.
4. Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter, then shallots. Stir to coat and cook for 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add flour and whisk constantly to create a roux. Let cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Pour in milk, stirring continuously for another 1-2 minutes.
6. Add pasta to the skillet and toss to coat.
7. Sprinkle remaining cheeses and breadcrumbs over pasta. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bubbly.
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe from How Sweet It Is
Holy Crocodile Smile!
Just when you thought we were done with crocodiles for awhile.
This Mickey Gloss vid was in my inbox and I just had a look.
Couldn’t keep my eyes off of the creepy and suspenseful action. Wildest video I have seen in awhile.
I love the song, too. Very edgy. Really raw.
So far, everything I read points to a band with a huge sense of humor.
Their bio states: “When you watch this band you let your freak flag fly!!!!”
And member listing:
Mickey G-(Squeals/Noise/Life Speaker)
K.B.(Thunder claps and Insubordination)
Roddamod (Rod Stewarding)
Charchie (Low notes and Styling)
St.John (Sir Mixalot)
Liam O’SHAME (Horns and sass)
You can buy ‘Crocodile Smile’ July 9th here.
Cheers! (and let your freak flag fly)