Now a quick little recipe for you.
You can whip up this Key Lime Pound Cake in no time at all. The recipe even encourages using bottled Key lime juice. Cool and quicker.
If you want to transport yourself to someplace warm and tropical, this tangy, sweet, delectable cake will help get you there.
Key Lime Pound Cake
Ingredients for the cake:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
6 Tbs Key lime juice (from a bottle is fine)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup plus 1 Tbs buttermilk
Ingredients for glaze:
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar (I wanted the glaze a little thicker, so I used about 3/4 cup)
2 tablespoons Key lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 325℉.
2. Grease and flour 8 x 5 x 2 inch loaf pan.
3. Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
4. Use an electric mixer to cream together butter and 1 cup of the granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add 2 Tbs Key lime juice and vanilla. Beat until blended.
5. On low speed, add in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup Key lime juice, and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved.
8. Allow the cake to cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn it out onto wire rack. While warm, prick bottom of cake with skewer. Pour Key lime/sugar mixture over warm cake.
9. To make glaze, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and Key lime juice in a medium bowl until well blended. Turn cake right side up and pour the glaze over the top, allowing it to drip down the sides.
Recipe from Cook What You Love Cookbook by Bob And Melinda Blanchard
I have really been enjoying Mark Lanegan’s new album ‘Blues Funeral’.
Gray Goes Black is perfect kick ass Friday music.
“Don’t you turn off my radio
Please don’t turn off my radio
Not with the rope still swinging
While eternity’s mouth is singing”
Mark Lanegan Band-Gray Goes Black
Check out Mark Lanegan on his Website, where you can also buy the music. He is currently on tour in North America. Tour dates are up on the site, too.