Do you believe in Telekinesis? If so, raise my hand.
Raise YOUR hand if you want to try some of the best brownies I think I have ever tried. EVER.
I’m usually neutral about peanut butter in my desserts, but I thought the cheesecake/caramel swirl thing sounded cool.
Let me tell you…these brownies are outrageously cool. The peanut butter is not overwhelming, but lends amazingly wonderful flavor.
That caramel swirl. Oooh, is it ever good.
I had all sorts of seasonal treats that I wanted to write about, but I could not keep this recipe from you another day.
Caramel Swirl Cheesecake Brownies
Ingredients for the base:
1 (21 1/2 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
Ingredients for the filling:
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
Ingredients for the caramel sauce:
3 tablespoons whipping cream
1. Heat oven to 325°F; grease bottom of 13×9-inch pan.
2. In large bowl, combine all base ingredients; beat until dough forms. Press lightly in bottom of greased pan.
3. In large bowl, combine cream cheese and 1/3 cup peanut butter; beat at low speed until smooth. Add sugar, flour, sour cream and vanilla; beat until blended. Add 2 eggs one at a time, beating just until blended. Pour filling over base.
4. In small heavy saucepan, combine caramels and 3 tablespoons whipping cream. Cook and stir over low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Drop spoonfuls of caramel sauce randomly over filling. For swirl effect, pull knife through batter in wide curves; turn pan and repeat.
5. Bake at 325°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set and edges are light golden brown.
6. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Recipe from the Pillsbury Bake-Off Cookbook
Do you need a song to make people look up and say “What on earth are we listening to?”
Or, as my 12 y.o. said last night, “Er, this song is interesting.”
Pretty freaking fun is Ooby Dooby Doo by British Sea Power who, by the way, are one of the best bands out there.
British Sea Power-Ooby Dooby Doo
I’m still in a mad love affair with the song Waving Flags. That one puts me in a complete state of music euphoria. It was my #1 song in 2008.
“You are astronomical
fans of alcohol
So welcome in”
Check out British Sea Power and buy their music on the band’s Website.