You’ve got to love screaming goats.
And you WILL love these outrageous layered cookie bars.
My jaw dropped when I saw the recipe. Four cookie doughs layered one on top of the other to create the ultimate bars. There is sugar cookie, double chocolate chip, peanut butter and classic chocolate chip all tucked in there together. Just to put them totally over the top, the bars are drizzled with melted chocolate. Insane!
I couldn’t get my layers as pronounced as Jenny did, but the phenomenal flavors are all that really matter.
Sugar Cookie Layer (recipe follows)
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer (recipe follows)
Peanut Butter Cookie Layer (recipe follows)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer (recipe follows)
1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted to drizzle
2. Layer 1/2 the Double Chocolate Chip Cookie dough recipe over sugar cookie layer, pressing gently. (This is a bit of a fiddle to do. I used my fingers to spread the dough, managing to get most of the sugar cookie dough layer covered.)
The original recipe said that it makes 8 to 12 bars, but that would be insane even for the most ardent sweet lover. I cut about 30 little bars.
Recipe from Picky Palate
Sugar Cookie Layer
1 (16.5 oz) roll of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer (This recipe makes double the quantity needed for the bars. Use the extra dough for cookies or halve the ingredients.)
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
2. In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients then stir in chips.
Peanut Butter Cookie Layer
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1. Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer (Again, this recipe makes double the quantity needed for the bars. Use the extra dough for cookies or halve the ingredients.)
1 cup softened butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 oz chocolate chips
1. In a stand or electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
2. Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bolw; mix to combine. Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips.
A recipe as good as this needs a singer that continuously melts my heart with his beautiful voice, spot on lyrics and incredible arrangements. Step in Withered Hand aka Dan Willson.
Since I first heard a Withered Hand tune back in 2009, his music has lived on my cd changer, on mix cds, and in playlists that I make for my daily runs. Such incredible talent….and he’s Scottish, to boot! Yes.
‘Horseshoe’ is from the 2014 Withered Hand album “New Gods”. I highly recommend you buy everything he has released.
“We could kill our friends
we could sing a song that never ends, again
Tell me was it easy to pretend?
That nobody is dead
That nobody you love will ever die?”
Check out Withered Hand on his Website, where you can learn of upcoming UK tour dates and buy the music.