Some days this sums it all up.
You will care about this cool, light and fruity sundae pie. In a departure from my usual dessert offerings, this one is actually good for you!
1 1/2 cups low-fat graham cracker crumbs (9 whole crackers)
3 Tbs orange juice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 quart fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt, slightly softened
1 medium banana, sliced
7 medium fresh strawberries, sliced
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 medium kiwi, peeled and thinly sliced
2 Tbs fat-free strawberry topping
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, orange juice and nutmeg. Pour in the pie pan. Place plastic wrap on the crumbs and press with your hands to spread the mixture evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Remove the plastic wrap.
3. Bake crust for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
4. Spoon half of the frozen yogurt into the pie crust. Using the back of a large spoon, gently spread over the crust. On top, arrange half of the banana, berries and kiwi in a decorative pattern. Top with remaining yogurt, then more fruit. Drizzle with strawberry topping.
5. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; freeze for at least 1 hour. Remove pie from the freezer 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe from USA Weekend
Just stumbled upon this fabulous song. It has been on repeat for the past day.
“We were headlong into the abyss
In a four door sedan
And a kid that always stuttered
We stole it, for the feeling, of stealing
And drove it, like our days had been stolen”
We Are Augustines-Headlong Into The Abyss