Why is it that Storm Troopers are so funny out of Star Wars’ context?
Now this is not a recipe I would normally spot in a book and say, “Wow! I have to make that.”
Turns out I was back from a trip and wanted to put together something quick for dinner with ingredients I had on hand.
Cue up this recipe.
Unbelievably good. The creamy red pepper sauce is so much better than it sounds. The olives and tuna add an interesting, and very good, slant to the dish.
Elbows With Tuna, Red Pepper And Cream Sauce
2 cups elbow macaroni
1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna in oil, drained
1 tablespoon brine cured black olives (such as Kalamata), pitted and chopped
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, purée the red peppers in a food processor until smooth.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan; sauté the onion until tender but not browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
5. Add the red pepper purée and the heavy cream; heat to a simmer over low heat.
6. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tuna. (Note: I scattered the tuna over the dish after tossing with sauce since not everyone in my crew wanted it.)
7. Toss the cooked macaroni with the sauce.
8. Sprinkle with olives and parsley.
Recipe from Food.com
Some Elbow to accompany your elbows? Most Definitely!
Check out Elbow on the band’s Website where you can also buy the music and learn about upcoming European/UK tour dates. As websites go, this one is really cool.