Tangy and tender and terrific.
That is what these pancakes are.
And that is about all I have the energy to write.
The Okkervil River concert yesterday has left me emotionally exhausted. In a very good way, I might add.
I’ll organize my thoughts and photos and share it all with you soon. That concert may just have been one of the true highlights in my time on this earth. Unbelievably good and unbelievable that it is all over.
Alright, enough of that. We’ve got pancakes to make.
Sour Cream Pancakes
1/4 cup flour
3 Tbs sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 pint sour cream
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbs butter
1. Combine flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
2. Whisk sour cream, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
3. Gently fold flour mixture into sour cream mixture until incorporated.
4. Heat 2 tsp butter in a large nonstick skillet until butter begins to sizzle. Pour batter into small circles. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Flip pancakes and cook, uncovered, until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Keep warm and continue with remaining batter.
Makes enough to serve 4.
Musically, today I want to go far away and get lost in something easy and fun.
Hungry Kids of Hungary are taking me to Australia with them and we are having a blast.
Hungry Kids From Hungary-Coming Around
Hungry Kids From Hungary-Set It Right
There. That has restored some of my energy.
The band looks like a bunch of cuties.
Go buy Hungry Kids Of Hungary’s music on their Website. You can get frisbees there, too.