If you’re looking for a fast and easy starter for your next gathering, this dip is fantastic. It’s a total crowd pleaser. You can make the dip up to two days ahead, which is so convenient. The guacamole stayed nice and green.
Seven Layer Dip
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
3 Tbs fresh lime juice, divided
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
3 avocados, halved, pitted
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup salsa
3/4 cup sliced canned black olives, drained
1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
1/2 cup thin sliced scallion greens
Tortilla chips to serve
1. Mix beans, chiles, 1 Tbs of lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
2. In a second small bowl, mash avocados with a fork; stir in remaining 2 Tbs lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to make guacamole.
3. In a third small bowl, mix sour cream and mayonnaise.
4. Spread bean mixture, then guacamole, then sour cream mixture, and finally salsa over the bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or similar size pan. Sprinkle with olives, then cheese. (Dip can be covered and refrigerated up to 2 days)
5. To serve, sprinkle with green onions.
Recipe from allrecipes.com
Proud me wants to share a clip of my son at his piano recital last month. Pretty awesome, huh?
And speaking of awesome, let’s have a little Bragg session, too. It’s hard to pick just one Billy Bragg song to play…I honestly love them all. But, ‘Something Happened’ is just a notch higher in my favorite list.
Do you know what love is?
Love is when you willingly
Place someone else’s priorities
Above your own
Do you know what lust is?
Lust is when you actively
Force your own priority
On someone else
I love those lyrics.
Billy Bragg-Something Happened
You can get a free download of Mr. Bragg’s new song ‘Never Buy The Sun’ on his website. While you are there, buy all of his music that you don’t already own.